You understand how to put in writing beautiful stories and/or detailed instructions. You will have many legends to share or matters to discuss. You could have written books that you will be proud to share with others. Now, it is time to publish your work. Self-publishing serves as one of many major options for individuals who want to succeed on the planet of writing.
In this article, you’ll know learn how to use the Kindle platform in publishing your books.
1. Create an account – Sign up for an account at Amazon, so you’ll be able to publish Kindle e-books. Go to the KDP Amazon enroll page.
2. Join a “publishing account” – Use your regular Amazon account to get a publishing account. The system may ask you to provide more info based mostly on the info you entered previously. You must provide bank particulars so that you can receive the royalties.
3. Set the title – As soon as your publishing account is ready, you will be forwarded to a webpage called “Free Kindle Books Dashboard”. That webpage helps you to upload your e-books and check sales reports. Hit “Add Title” to publish a book.
4. Specify the main points of your book – You have to give Amazon some detailed info relating to your book (e.g. authorship, pricing, title, etc.). Don’t be concerned if you don’t have any ISBN code. That isn’t essential within the Kindle platform.
5. Assign the book’s classes and keywords – Amazon divides books into totally different categories. Select one or categories that finest describe your work. In addition, assign keywords in your book. Use keywords that potential readers would possibly enter to find your product.
6. Select a book cover – Amazon doesn’t require you to set a canopy in your e-book. Nevertheless, a book with a cover is usually more enticing than one without. The Kindle platform has guidelines concerning the book covers you can use. Read the informationlines totally before designing the cover of your work.
7. Upload your book – This is a straightforward process, due to Amazon’s intuitive interface. You will see two check boxes on the screen, saying some things about DRM (e.g. digital rights management). It’s unlikely that you will lose money because of disabled DRM, thus, chances are you’ll depart it disabled and just hit the “Browse for book” button. The Kindle platform accepts these formats:
8. Format and preview your work – You will not have to worry much about formatting if your work has a basic construction (e.g. typical novels or how-to eBooks). The default formatting system of Amazon is enough to maintain the book’s structure. Nonetheless, it is best to assessment your e-book rigorously if it has a complex construction (e.g. if it has a number of images).
9. Choose a price – The Amazon system is tolerant when it comes to book prices. Set the value that is acceptable on your work then select either 35% or 70% royalty. Note that the 70% royalty option is just not available for e-books priced $2.ninety nine or lower. Additionally, the 70% option is applicable to massive markets solely (e.g. U.K., U.S., Canada, etc.).